Didn't those three magical words make you want to run straight to the kitchen to see if you had all of the ingredients to bake some? What a wonderful way to start the weekend, right???
I know I said I was going to share a new recipe for cupcakes, but I found myself not getting around to the cupcake baking yet this week, and instead I had to give in and bake my son's all-time favorite cookies, Chocolate Chip. My 6 year old, for the past 4-5 days, has been asking for chocolate chip cookies, and I had to bake them for him. Hey, it's Spring Break here this week, and it did at least give me a break from studying and house chores, and it also gave us some much needed bonding time.
I have been trying so hard to keep my house in order while studying, playing with the kids, being a wife, making home improvement lists, making self improvement lists and running a business that I felt it was time to take a little break and enjoy some delicious cookies with the kids.
I know that there are tons of recipes out there, and I know everyone has their very own favorite flavors and textures for the perfect chocolate chip cookie, but I personally love a nice crunchy edge and soft inside when it comes to what I would consider the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie. And on a very good day, I love them straight out of the oven, hot off the cookie sheet and into a big, giant bowl of vanilla ice cream!!!
I don't know about you guys, but that statement made me want to put this entry on pause and go to the kitchen!!! OK, I think my mouth has stopped watering now, back to the cookies. I found a recipe called "Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies". Already sounds like a winner doesn't it??? So without further ado, here is the recipe for the best "soft" chocolate chip cookies I've ever baked. (I did leave out the nuts, my little ones won't go near the cookies with nuts in them.)
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
I absolutely love, love, love these cookies!!!
Follow the link above to www.allrecipes.com for the original recipe to see a list of reviews, other bakers pictures, modifications, nutritional value and more.
Thanks for stopping by Supremely Divine Life!!!
Have A Beautiful, Blessed Day!!!
Like what you see, subscribe to the blog for more!!!