I'm sure by now that mostly anyone who blogs or at least follows and reads blogs, is aware that Google Reader is coming to a close tomorrow (yes, tomorrow July 1, 2013). Well, don't fret, because there is Bloglovin' and the switch is super easy to make.
For those who are unfamiliar with it, Bloglovin' is a fantastic new way to keep your favorite blogs all in one place and if you own a blog, it's also super easy to "claim" your blog and begin to get followers as well. Follow these easy steps below to make the switch.
1. Go to http://www.bloglovin.com (This is the screen I saw when I last logged on).
2. Click on the "Join Bloglovin' Button.
3. You will have the option to set up your account by email or Facebook. I decided to go with email, simply because I am not a big fan of having multiple things connected to my Facebook account and also because if you are like me, you have an email account that is strictly for the blogs you follow, so you can get all of your Bloglovin' posts sent directly to that account (my google reader account email).
4. After you sign-up, you will receive an email verification. It should only take a minute to receive it.
5. Once you click to verify your email, you should then see a blue box that will prompt you to "Import from Google Reader". Click that button if you wish for all the blogs you follow to be imported. This is a step you don't want to skip in my opinion.
6. Bloglovin' will then need to be given permission to access your Google Reader Data.
7. Click "Accept" and you're done. Simple Right???
8. You can follow me on Bloglovin' right here or by clicking my Bloglovin' button to the right!!!
You can automatically start to enjoy all your blogs in one great place. Have fun, and don't forget to "claim" your blog if you own one!!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a beautiful, blessed day!
I Love Bloglovin' & Goodbye Google Reader
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Posted by Ashley
I am a 30 year old wife and stay-at-home mom. I love anything that has to do with baking, cooking, reading, family and DIY. Welcome to my world!!!